Join them on their Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/yarc
This organization usually sponsors two events each year — Summer Camp and December YOTA month: https://youthontheair.org/
JOTA is the largest Scouting event in the world. It is held annually the third full weekend in October. JOTA uses amateur radio to link Scouts and hams around the world, around the nation, and in your own community. SVARC has had JOTA events at its clubhouse in the past. We will post activities (online or at the clubhouse) as they become available.
CLICK HERE to learn how the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) supports youth in amateur radio.
YOTA is a quickly growing group of young radio amateurs from IARU (International Amateur Radio Union) Region 1 (Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Northern Asia). It is their goal to get more young people interested in amateur radio and grow the amateur radio community. Even if you don’t live in this region, you might enjoy seeing their activities.
Follow this family of six amateur radio operators as they explore the hobby they all love.
Looking for someone to talk to? Find details about nets operated by and for youth. Click on the net name to open the window where you’ll find details on operation.
Great article by Mark Houlahan. Electronic circuits are simply pathways that transmit electric current, or moving electricity. These circuits make it possible for lights and appliances to work. Electric circuits have to have a source of power, wires that the electricity flows through, and a device that uses the electricity. These three parts have to be connected directly for the electric current to flow.
HOW CAN I START A SCHOOL AMATEUR RADIO CLUB?
Additional Youth Organizations:
- Amateur Radio on the International Space Station | ARISS-USA | ARISS-USA YouTube Channel
- ARRL Education & Technology Program (USA)
- BSA Radio Scouting
- Collegiate Amateur Radio Program (USA)
- CW Ops Youth CW Academy
- Deep Dixie Contest Club Youth (USA)
- Digital Youth Group
- Hiram Percy Maxim Award (ARRL) (USA)
- Huntsville, AL Hamfest Youth Lounge (USA)
- Illinois Young Ham Club (USA)
- LABRE Ham Radio in Schools (Brazil)
- Long Island CW Club Kids Program
- Newsline Young Ham of the Year Award (USA)
- Radio Amateurs of Canada Youth Education Program (CAN)
- Radio Club of America Youth Activities (USA)
- Remote Ham Radio (RHR) Youth Program
- Southwest Missouri Youth SKYWARN (USA)
- Team Exuberance
- Young Amateurs Radio Club (YARC)
- YARC Youth Contesting Program (YCP)
- Youth DX Adventure (USA)
- YOTA by Region