Presented by the Shenandoah Valley Amateur Radio Club
As of early April 2020, we are thinking positively about the 2020 Hamfest. Virginia’s Governor Northam has put a hold on gatherings until June 10, so we’ll reassess as we get additional information or guidance. As indoor vendors tell us they plan to come, we are adding them to the list below. We are assuming building locations for these vendors based on the past, but if we’re required to change table locations to comply with “social distancing” requirements, these are subject to change.
2020 Grand Prize
to be announced
2019 Grand Prize
Icom IC-7300 HF Transceiver
Winning ticket to be drawn early afternoon on Sunday, August 1
- Gate opens at 6:00 AM • Vendor buildings open at 8:00 AM
- Donation $10.00, children under 16 free
- Additional $10.00 per space for tailgaters – no reservations. First come, first served.
- Commercial and indoor tables by reservation (see vendor form download below)
- Country ham and egg breakfast at 7am
- Ruritan’s famous chicken and beef barbecue at 11am
- Concessions and snack bar available
- Grand prizes (HF Rig; VHF Rig; Power Supply) and hourly drawings
- County park with pool, picnic area, and playground opposite hamfest
- Camping spaces available Saturday night – $15 – no hookups
- Special hotel Hamfest rate of $97 has been arranged at Hampton Inn Winchester North (1204 Berryville Ave., Winchester, VA) for reservations booked no later than July 20, 2019. Call 540-678-4000 and ask for the Hamfest Discount. This is a sigificant discount over their usual $130-$150 rate.
Large tailgating area with ample shade under the big oak trees. Also, electric power is available for testing purposes at various places within the tailgating area.
RURITAN FAIRGROUND RULES: NO pets, pornography, or weapons
Laurel Amateur Radio Club VE team will be administering license exams at the Clarke County High School (just down the road from the Hamfest, towards Berryville). Walk-ins welcome. All license classes. Testing begins at 12 noon. Photo ID required. For more information about the exams contact: John Creel WB3GXW@arrl.net or 301-572-5124. (School address: 627 Mosby Blvd, Berryville, VA 22611).
1425 General Admission tickets sold
192 Tailgater tickets sold
84 Inside Vendor Tables (26 Vendors)
Berryville Hamfest Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
[If you’d like to find out how your company can be listed as a sponsor, contact Elizabeth W4EHC (email@example.com)]
2020 Inside Vendors:
Will be added as we receive commitments
ARES/RACES of VA
dBj ElectronicsBob Austin KJ4YOU
and James Austin KG4YVA
Norman Cohen WB4LJM
EZ Hang Inc. – Dennis Currence
Gold Medal Ideas
Amy and Ron Kritzman
Gene Niemiec K2KJI
Serving Amateur Radio since 1978
John Bee N1GNV
Satellite HDQ – Sam Adams KG4JMN
Satellite Sam will award a Remote Control Unit to the youngest licensed Hams in attendance at the hamfest: one for Youngest Male, and also the Youngest Female. This can be someone who passes test at Fest. Sam KG4JMN
Jill & Scott Cole
The pavilion between the food area and the highway is available for lease — roof, open sides, concrete floor — about 20 x 40 feet. If no one leases it by the day of the hamfest, anyone may set up there, first come, first served.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for information about pavilions that can be reserved.
Last year’s Vendors get first priority if they send vendor form & money before 1 April
Download copy of Hamfest 2020 Flyer (in PDF*) for distribution
Download a copy of the Hamfest Grounds (in PDF*)
Download Vendor Registration Form 2020 (in PDF*) first come, first served:
- $20.00 per space in the air-conditioned building
- $15.00 per space in other buildings
- $10 for tailgater space
No registration and no reservations required for tailgater spaces. First come, first served.
*All downloads in Adobe Acrobat PDF file format.
For reservations and table assignments please contact vendor coordinators:
John (WD4GEK) and Elizabeth (W4EHC) Cottrell – BerryvilleHamfest@gmail.com – 540-436-3818
P.O. Box 2273 • Winchester, VA 22604
Reservations are not confirmed until you receive verbal, email, or written acknowledgment from vendor coordinators. All vendors and tailgaters are also required to purchase a general admission ticket as well as their per space rental fee. No refunds after July 1st. There will be a 10% charge on refunds prior to July 1st.
Don’t forget the Roanoke Valley Hamfest is the day before the Berryville Hamfest. Vendors can make it a double-header weekend, and if you’re coming to attend the Berryville Hamfest, why not make it a two-for-one? Support your hamfests so they can keep bringing you the great products you need to enjoy this wonderful hobby of ours.