Useful Online Tools:
- QRZ call sign lookup and discussion forums
- DX Cluster
- DXSummit (spotting info)
- EHam Review: lots of ham info and equipment reviews
More ham radio resources:
- Severe Weather and Storm Spotter Resources: Learn about all kinds of severe weather, why Storm Spotters are needed, and how to become a Storm Spotter. We learned about this excellent site from a student named Amelia. She and her father came across it when she was doing extra research. Thank you, Amelia!
- Great Links for Ham Radio Operators: includes links to other area ham radio groups, hamfests, county information, weather information, and much more.
- Telecommunications Timeline: This site gives some information on the history of telecommunications and a very interesting timeline from prehistory to modern times. Thanks to Peyton Wertz who thought this was a great read—especially for kids her age—and suggested it would be a good addition to this resource page. We agree!
- Radio Master List Directory: This site offers a comprehensive receiver and transceiver specifications and performances database.
- Youngsters on the Air (YOTA): This is an organization dedicated to educating, inspiring, and motivating young people to enter and thrive in the hobby of Amateur Radio.
- Ham Nation: An online TV show and podcast hosted by Bob Heil, Gordon West, George Thomas, Don Wilbanks, Valerie Hotzfeld, Amanda Alden, and Dale Puckett dedicated to sharing the excitement and importance of ham radio.
- CW Academy – learn Morse Code: CW Academy is a program put on by the CW Operators’ Club aimed at increasing the number of competent CW operators on the HF CW sub-bands. It addresses all levels of enthusiasts: from those aspiring to become licensed operators who want to learn and use Morse code; to veteran operators who are intent on increasing their CW skills, speed and activity.